Balance ChiroMed is a reputed clinic for pain management with an experienced sciatica chiropractor in Burr Ridge. We help our clients lead pain-free life and enjoy an improved range of motion.
Chiropractic care for sciatica
Chiropractors specialize in treating sciatic pains. It is one of the musculoskeletal injuries that can deteriorate the quality of your life significantly. A chiropractor for chronic pain can alleviate your pain and improve your range of motion. Dr. David Warman creates customized treatment plans for each patient after a thorough review of their medical history and a detailed physical exam.
Chiropractic care for back pain addresses sciatica by relieving the pressure off of the sciatic nerve and restoring function in the patient’s pelvis, hips, and lower back. Chiropractic adjustment and soft tissue muscle release can help alleviate sciatic pain and discomfort. You will need to meet with your chiropractor occasionally for them to monitor the reduction in your pain level and improvement in your range of motion.
How can I manage sciatica?
If you are dealing with severe sciatic pain, meet with a doctor for chiropractic management asap. A chiropractor can help you overcome the discomfort and lead a pain-free life. Alongside chiropractic care for pain relief, you may try these home remedies to improve your quality of life:
- Taking several breaks – Sitting in one position for several hours can aggravate your sciatic pains. Take frequent breaks or change your sitting position throughout the day to reduce the pain level.
- Stretch the hamstring muscles – Muscles in your hamstrings and hips often place a lot of pressure on your lower back. Stretch them to witness significant improvement in your sciatic pain level.
- Use ice packs – Ice packs are handy and easy to carry during travel. Use them for 20 minutes at a time to relieve the pain of sciatica.
Try to engage in low-impact exercises like crunches and squats to strengthen your back, hamstrings, and core muscles. These muscle groups can improve your spinal support and reduce your overall pain level.
Do I have sciatica?
If you experience severe pain that starts from your lower back and goes all the way to your buttock area, or lower limbs, you have sciatica. This condition can occur as a result of injury to your sciatic nerve. Here are a few other symptoms that warn of the presence of sciatica:
- Pain that gets worse with movement
- Numbness or weakness in legs and feet
- Loss of feeling or movement (in severe cases)
- Painful tingling in your toes or feet
In some cases of sciatica, patients may also experience incontinence. In such cases, you must seek emergency medical attention.
When should I see a doctor for sciatica?
You should see a chiropractor or an orthopedic doctor if your symptoms do not improve with self-care. If your flare-up lasts for more than a week or your pain continues to worsen over time, seek help from a licensed chiropractor at the earliest.
Balance ChiroMed is a top-rated chiropractic clinic with hundreds of positive reviews and highly effective non-invasive therapies at affordable prices. For more details on Dr. David Warman, call us today! Contact us at 312-841-0986 to book an appointment with our sciatica chiropractor in Burr Ridge.
Burr Ridge IL 60527